LaTeX style files and utilities
When I've got the time, I'll put in details of my LaTeX style file
and utility packages. These include:
- More verbatim-like environments, including boxed verbatim and numbered
listings. This style file requires Rainer Schöpf's verbatim style
file. It is mentioned in the LaTeX Companion, by Mittelbach,
Samarin and Goosens.
- A simple style file and font conversion utility for setting Chinese
characters in TeX 3.0.
- PBMtoPK, and PKtoPBM
- Conversion utilities from portable bitmaps to TeX's PK font format.
- Conversion utility from TeX's PK font format to X11's BDF font format.
- Some utilities for generating virtual fonts.
- A suite of utility programs for manipulating TeX's DVI output files.
I have also published the following articles about TeX, LaTeX, and various
If you want more information about LaTeX and packages for it, look at the
- Converting bitmaps to fonts, Baskerville, volume 1, number 1
- This article describes PBMtoPK and PKtoPBM, for converting portable
bitmap files into PK fonts which can be from TeX.
- A script for building true sized fonts, Texline 13
- An article about generating true-sized Computer Modern fonts using John
Sauter's Metafont parameterisation.
- Mixing and matching PostScript fonts, Baskerville, volume 4,
- How to make the original 13 PostScript fonts in the LaserWriter look
better together, by anamorphic scaling, and outline thickening.
- Colour separation and PostScript, TUGBoat, volume 15, number 3
- A description of DVISep, a simple colour separation program for TeX's DVI
files. DVISep is part of DVIUtils.
Last modified on 12th February 2004 by email@example.com